Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Monday, June 06, 2005

September 15, 2001

... is an important date in my life. It was 4 days after Sept 11, the day 2 767s crash into the World Trade Center in NY, the day the world changed.

Sept 15 2001 is the day my daughter was born. My wife laboured for more than 11 hours from 9pm the night before, without any pain killers - no epidurals. She is one stromg mama! My little one came to this world slightly after 10am. My first word to her was "hello" and she grinned from ear to ear, as if she already knew me. That was the second MOST wonderful moment in my life. (The first being the day of my wedding).

I was happy and concerned as the same time - what kind of world have we brought her into ? I can still recall vivid images of the 767 crashing into the buildings. It was played over and over again on CNN, I have been watching it for the past 3 days and until today, I still wonder - has this world gone mad ? What kind of world will my daughter and grand children live in ? Tough questions, no answers.

My daugther will be 4 years old this September. Is this world getting better ? I sure hope so becuase I am doing everything I can to make her world a better one.

I hope to show her what loves really means and how hatred and greed can destroy us all.

I hope to set her in the right path so that she may find happiness and fulfillment in her life.

I hope to cherish every moment we all have to gether as a family becuase we will all only walk down this path ONCE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home