Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2005

It cannot be undone.

A word of caution to all parents with toddlers.

One week ago …. I was driving on the highway with my wife and 4 year old daughter at the back, doing 100 km/h, on the way to Ikano Power Center.

It was drizzling.

“Mommy, mommy, rainbow!” my 4 year old cried.

“Wow! It’s beautiful!” my wife said.

Suddenly and without warning, the BMW which was no more than 20 feet ahead decided to cut into my lane. I jammed the brakes hard and lucky both of them had their seat belts on at the rear.

I blurted “SH*T !!!” in the process.

Guess what ? Nowadays whenever I hit the brakes, no matter how mild, my little one will say “SH*T”.

How in the world am I going to undo this ?!

SHIT.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shiny Blue Black said...

LOL! Well at least you did not blurt out something worse like "F*CK!" That would be harder to explain.

Maybe if you brake suddenly again and shout out "MOONCAKES"! she will change her tune?

12:15 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

S**T, well I used to say the word when driving and my kids when they were smaller seems to follow thru. like your daughter. So I told them that's not nice to use such a word and only adults can use it only. Also I try not to use it so too often.It works man.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Orion said...

infinite bowel : Hmmm ... the F word. Now that is going to be really HARD to explain.

thquah : Thanx for the advice! Kids have the incredible ability to regurgitate stuff. As parents we all have to be very careful what we say and do. Thankfully it comes out funny most of the time. This episode is one of those "horror stories".

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

funny shits!! i learned the word "fuck" when my dad said it once as a kid. i knew it was a bad word cos he had tht guilty look after he said it. i think what thquah said is good. tht wud make it work!

good luck erasing "shit" from ur daughter's vocab.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Orion said...

twinsmom : Swear words are easy to learn - almost all are single syllable and the effects are astounding.

A young kid says it, every adult in the room gasps! Now THAT is attention grabbing ... kids love attention ...

2:57 PM  
Blogger jeanchristie said...

LOL. well, i learnt foul words through my dad as well, i've just turned 20 and well, he believes in exposing us by means of educating us (my sibling and i) so that u wont be looking or feeling like an idiot when schoolmates start talking bout stuff.. but my sibling and i still don't swear anyway.. hoho good education, nO? or not f*ck anyways lol
http://tidbits.blogdrive.com

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. The mind of a child is truly an amazing thing. If you ask me, it's alright that our kids know the words. So long as we educate them on etiquette/manners, they won't be mouthing off.

It's better for our kids to not use such terms due to education rather than ignorance, I guess.

And no, I don't have any kids. Not anytime soon either! heheh.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home