Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm back ...

It's 2:11pm, I am back in Penang again. Blogging away at the very same Starbucks except this time the air conditioner has broken down and the technician is fixing it right now. It's raining out there but hot and humid in here. I am sitting right at the main door, trying to catch the cool breeze rushing through. I came all the way from my in-laws' house to escape the heat and now this ... that's life, "coz you'll never know what you're gonna get" so says Mr. Gump.

Speaking of life, it's been a tough 2005. Business is not going well, revenues are down, the company cutting expenses like there's no tomorrow. So much for 5 years of toil.

Personally it's even tougher, making ends meet is becoming a real challenge. While doing part time writing does help somewhat, but I'm still miles away from recovery. That's becuase I've just moved into a new house and renovation expenses has been higher than expected, but that's fine provided I receive the sales commission which was promised. But that didn't happen. Some I'm stuck with a mother load of debts. Some of it from the banks, some from relatives. It totals to 8 to 9 months of my full salary. Right now my salary is half of what it used to be, it's been like this for 4 months already. Keeping up will get even more difficult. Lucky for me Mrs O and Little O have been very kind and loving. Being home alone for the past week made me realise just how much I depend on them.

One thing I've learnt in all this - is that when you start up a business with a few other people, you're never in full control. You can do well on your side but something else happens on the other side, we'll all screwed. It's not that I want to blame others but I feel that I'm not in full control of my destiny.

Next time, I'll be sure start up something on my own.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel ? I sure hope so. I just hope it is not the light of an oncoming train.

In the meantime, I've got some interesting plans going ....

2 Comments:

Blogger thquah said...

Yes agreed starting a business on apartnership can sometimes be a burden.
Starting alone is much better but it still has it's pro and cons.
Anyway good luck in your undertakings.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Orion said...

thquah : Yes, it does have its pros and cons. Thanx for your kind wishes.

To the rest of you guys & gals - Thanx for the concerned calls, kind words + SMS, I'm fine actually. It's just that five years ago I started up something but now I am starting all over again. It's kind of difficult to swallow. What I need now it just to stay focused on my goals and get things going again.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home