Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Oil Peg

When they announced that the peg is going to a managed float mode, I was very happy. My initia thought was that the appreciating Ringgit would take the pressure off the increasing oil prices. But much to my disappointment - oil prices went up again and this time it's 10 cents! This is the biggest increase so far.

I have a 2 litre car - which used to do RM0.11 per kilometre, up until last week, it was doing RM0.145 per kilometre. With this new increase, it'll probably do RM0.16 per kilometre. Making a road trip to my in laws place in Penang via the North South Expressway used to cost about RM200, now it's going to cost from RM220 to RM240. I hope they woouldn't increase the toll anytime soon, but electricity will be the next to go up. Cost of living is going up - but salary seldom go up as fast.

May be I should buy a scooter and ride on to work! Install solar panels for water heating and solar cells to power the air conditioner.

Better still - may be I should start up a business to market solar cells for houses and buildings. Care to join me ?

4 Comments:

Blogger thquah said...

Solar panels for water heaters are pretty cheap nowadays. But as solar panels to convert to electricity I think it's still expensive . I read it's widely use in Japan.I haven't come across any company selling these. Any ideas?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Orion said...

No one is providing that solution here and that's where the opportunity is!

12:24 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

The panels are quite expensive, even in Japan

12:27 PM  
Blogger jeanchristie said...

capital $$$$$$$$$$$

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home