Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Fucking, Austria

No, I am NOT swearing. Seriously. This is the name of the place in Austria. It's a small town of 30 odd households.



The biggest problem in this quiet little town is that the sign board get stolen once too often by English speaking tourist! Fucking's mayor, one Mr. Siegfried Hauppl has had new theft-proof road signs installed to stop tourists stealing any more. The new signs are bolted and welded to steel posts. "It would take all night to steal one," says Hauppl. And he's f***ing right. In case your don't know the meaning of the word, read this for context.

The best part of living in this town is you have the license to swear! Luckily this town is NOT in an English speaking country. If it is :

Husband : "Honey I'm going Fucking."
Wife : "And just who are you f***ing?!"
Husband : "No, I meant I'm going to town."
Wife : "OK then, just make sure that you pick up my sister from Fucking."

Or this :

Son/Daughter : "Hi Mom! I just came back from Fucking, look what I've got you!".

And here's some of the things that you shouldn't do when you are in or around this town :

1. Call your wife and she asks you where in the world are you.
2. Yell "I'm coming!" in English.
3. Get lost on your way to Fucking and ask people for directions as in asking a pretty gal : "Hi Miss, can you show me the way to Fucking?".
4. Catch a cab and tell 'em you want to go Fucking - and the driver takes you to a red light district.

Now if you'd excuse me, I have to go get myself a ticket to Fucking.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanchristie said...

haha, nice place! lol.. if i ever go austria i must make it a point to try n visit that place just to have a picture taken with the signboard.. then with the locals and and say "people of Fucking town" LOL

7:00 AM  
Blogger Orion said...

Yeah and pls try to say name of the place in a straight face. It's pronounced as "fooking".

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home