Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Monday, September 05, 2005

More Fucking

Since we were on the topic of Fucking, I took the opportunity to dig deeper more on the Internet. Please note that I was not swearing, the word is spelled with a capital “F”, it is a name of a small town in Austria. If you are not sure what I’m talking about, please read this and this for context.

Apparently, Fucking is a small town of about 150 people, it is part of municipality of Tarsdorf, in the Innviertel region of western Upper Austria, near Salzburg. It's been around since 1070. For those of you who want to get there with a GPS – it’s at 48°02′59″ N 12°50′59″ E . You can even buy Fucking t-shirts when you are there.



I know, it looks inviting ... the t-shirt I mean.

By the way, it is pronounced as "Fooking", please be sure to get it right when you are there and PLEASE say it with a straight face (I know it's HARD) otherwise you may get hurt - "I got injured at Fucking".

Innocently enough, the town was named after a 6th century guy by the name of Focko. And the “-Ing” is supposedly a Germanic suffix to mean “people”; so Fucking means “the place of Focko’s people”. The residents voted to change the name of their hometown in 2004 but finally decided not to. I wonder why …

Our next stop, Pussy and it’s in France.

3 Comments:

Blogger Papi said...

u know, this Fucking in German and Pussy in France should become Twin City. LOL!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Papi said...

hey, maybe Batang Berjuntai in Malaysia can join in the fun. :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Orion said...

I'm doing some work on Pussy now - please don't take it literally. Wait for my next blog ... in the meantime I am also checking out Condom, which is also France.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home