Breakthroughs

breakthrough (noun) -> Definition: progress -> Synonyms : advance, development, discovery, find, finding, gain, improvement, invention, leap, progress, quantum leap, rise, step forward. -> Synopsis : Life is one BIG learning experience. "Breakthroughs" is a personal log of my journey through the final frontiers of outer space and my inner self. <-

Google
 
Web This Blog

Monday, October 03, 2005

Time Trek - Part I

I had an exciting weekend. I went back in time - some 30 years back. Actually it was more like a trip to a small town that I once lived and grew up - Kuantan. It was still very small when I left it back in 1976. I was barely 8 or 9 years old. The best part is not only Mrs O and Little O, but grandpa and grandma O came along too!

We spent 3 days 2 nights at the Hyatt Kuantan. It was wonderful, the Teluk Cempedak beach was just as I remember it. I almost drowned there! With Little O around I made sure that she stays close to the shore! That beach has been know for its strong under currents. Grandma O used to be a teacher in Chung Ching School and one of her students drowned there.

We went to visit our old house - No. 586 Jalan Kemunting. Grandpa O used to be in the civil service and that was one of the government quarters provided when Grandpa O was transferred to Kuantan from KL. I can still remember our first ever telephone and the number - it was 22616, yes it's was only 5 digits back then. The shops I used to buy stuff from was demolished but the telecoms tower behind the house is still there. Back then our little bungalow was the only house in the large and open field, no gates, no fences. Grandma O used to be terrified to be alone at home, especially at night, it sooooo quiet. Our home got burgled not once but twice. The crooks wiped us clean - they took Grandpa O shirts, shoes, undies - everything! Including my piggy bank!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home